Sunday, August 30, 2009

Teenage Poetry

I'm taking a poetry class this semester (from my favorite teacher EVER, so the combination is perfect) and rather than just enjoying and analyzing poetry- which I can do- we're actually WRITING poetry. This intimidated me at first, but now after I've written a few poems for the class I'm feeling better about it. I'm not quite secure enough yet to post my poems on my blog, but hopefully tomorrow's class will give me confidence. Anyway, I've dabbled in poetry before and thought it might be entertaining to go back and look at my previous work from middle-high school. I did so, and I can't decide whether I'm more horrified or amused. It's atrocious! I almost died laughing when I re-read my poem titled very reassuringly "Love of the Soul."

1 comments:

Annika said...

Oh, poetry. I wonder how many real published poets feel the same when they look back at some old work.


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Cars Pictures. Powered by Blogger