Monday, August 31, 2009

The Mile

Today we ran a timed mile in my tri training class. Last semester my time was... rather embarrassingly... a little over 16 minutes. This time I did it in 14 minutes (flat!) and I jogged the whole way! I may still be super duper slow, but I cut my time down by 2 minutes WITHOUT an ipod to distract me. Maybe by the end of the semester I'll be able to cut my time down by 2 MORE minutes. Then the next semester, 2 more! Then by the time I do my triathlon, I can be doing a consistent 10 minute mile... maybe.

2 comments:

Meet the Reeders said...

You go girl! That is awesome I don't think I could run a mile even if I wanted to! I saw you had a blog and so I read what you are up too and put you on my blog list (hope that is ok), glad you are doing so well :)
Luv, Becky (your cousin)

Annika said...

Nice one! I can't run a mile at all. My endurance sucks. I just don't do anything that requires any cardiovascular endurance and I have the bad habit of not going out of my way to exercise...


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Cars Pictures. Powered by Blogger