Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Adventures in the Canned Fruit Aisle

Okay so it didn't actually happen in the canned foods aisle, but it did happen in a grocery store. For the third time. I was just minding my own business doing regular shopping when this guy approaches me. He doesn't look old, but certainly not with a decent date-ability range. He asks me if I'm shopping (DUH) and how it's going. This is all in broken English mind you. He asks me my name and I tell him and ask him his. I'm just being polite! I give up on finding what I was looking for, and tell him it was nice to meet him, clearly moving on down the aisle. Not more than two minutes later, he comes up to me.
"Are you married?" he says.
I tell him the truth, "No, but I just got over a bad breakup and I'm not looking for a relationship." I should've told him I was married.
He apparently didn't understand, so I try explaining it to him again. "So you're not married?"
"No."
"Do you have a boyfriend?"
"No, but right now I'm focusing on school"
"Do you want a boyfriend?"
"No. It was nice to meet you again for a... second time."
"You are a very nice lady."
"Thank you. You're very sweet. I appreciate that. I really am flattered, but I'm just not interested in a relationship right now. Bye" and I left.

THIS IS THE THIRD *bad word*-ing TIME THAT I HAVE BEEN HIT ON (and asked if I'm married) BY OLDER FOREIGN MEN WHILE MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS BUYING GROCERIES IN A SUPERMARKET!

What exactly is it about me that says "Hello my name is Aly and I'm interested in dating 30-70-year-old foreign men who can't speak English"?! I don't get it!

1 comments:

Kelsey P. said...

I think it is just what we science majors do best. And trust me, you are not alone in this area.


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Cars Pictures. Powered by Blogger