Monday, June 1, 2009

"Taken"

Today I went and saw the movie "Taken" with my friend Kate. It's about a retired special-ops highly trained government guy whose daughter is kidnapped. The entire show is basically him trying to find her which includes torturing and killing the bad guys for information. *SPOILER!* He finds her. Part of me was saying "Hey man, doing bad stuff to bad guys doesn't make it right, even if it's for someone you love" while another part was saying "Yeah, you get those (swear word) and do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love." Were I ever in a similar situation as the daughter (kidnapped, hooked on drugs, and sold into prostitution/slavery), I think I would kill myself. I would rather die, and I wouldn't want my loved ones to have blood on their hands in case they did go after the bad guys. I talked to my dad about this and he said that my great grandpa once said that "You know you're in the right place with God when you can imagine having complete power over your enemy and instead let him go." The better part of me is agreeing with this, but another part is crying for justice. Perhaps justice is not ours (as mere mortals) to deliver, but then do we just sit around and do nothing? I'll have to think some more about this...

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Cars Pictures. Powered by Blogger